Wednesday, April 1, 2015

IWSG: The Middle

March was here and then it left.  And now we're already at April.  Damn!  Anyway, before we get into the A-Z Challenge, I'm posting for the Insecure Writers Support Group.  I missed the last two months due to work mostly, but that's a lame excuse.  Sorry. :(

Before I begin, I wanted to give a shout out to our founder and Ninja Captain extraordinaire, Alex J. Cavanaugh AND...I can't forget this months co-hosts:  Suzanne FurnessTonja DreckerToi ThomasRachna ChhabriaFundy Blue and Donna Hole.

IWSG:  The Middle

I kind of feel like I'm in the middle of everything in my life.  Family, marriage, work/career and of course my writing.  For some people, being in the middle sucks.  For me, I guess it depends on what we're talking about.  I remember early in my career, I didn't like being in the middle. I worked tirelessly to get ahead and for the most part I did, but then later I realized it wasn't what I wanted.  That's life huh?  Well, now that I'm on a different chapter in my life, I find myself still working endlessly and finding some success, but in truth, I'm still in the middle.  Does being in the middle suck if your a writer?  I guess at times it can, but I'm just trying to enjoy the ride of life and that includes the writing part of it.

Anyway, I guess being in the middle can get old, but it won't be forever so whenever I'm down about not getting further along, I find inspiration literally everywhere.  The other day I was driving and Jimmy Eat World came on the radio and smiled because "Everything. Everything will be alright!"

So if you're worried about releasing your next book, if an agent will ever call you, if your sales will pick up or how many good reviews your book has, try not to let your great expectations get you down!  And remember...."It just takes some time..."

Here's the song below.  Hopefully, it will pick you up too!  Enjoy!




That's it for IWSG.  What about you?  What are your insecurities this month?

Stay tuned for A-Z!

3 comments:

Bob/Sally said...

Interesting perspective on being in the middle. With a teenager and a toddler in the house, and a wife who's gone back to school, I completely understand what the middle is like.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I remember that song!
Being in the middle beats being at the end.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

There are some really good things about being in the middle -- like if I'm reading a really good book and I check the Kindle percentage and realize: "Yes! I'm only halfway through! Plenty more to come!"

Same goes for watching a New-to-You television series on Netflix. "Yes! Lots more shows to watch!"

And I'd be happy to think I'm in the middle of my publishing career, with lots more books to come!